Disclosure: Some of the links within these show notes are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, we will earn a commission, which helps support our show. This commission comes at no additional cost to you, our wonderful listener!
Let's taco 'bout it!
"Sometimes you gotta hustle."
- Sharon made some tomato soup from Leanne Brown's Good and Cheap Cookbook (it's a good cause if you buy one!) and it went well-ish, considering that she didn't use the right size Blendtec blender container. She used the Twister Jar and there may not have been not enough room, and this is one reason why she hasn't purchased an Instant Pot.
- Winter had dinner with Neena from Paint the Kitchen Red and raved about her Instant Pot Chicken Curry. And a Cardamom Pound Cake!
- We're so excited to have Sarah Jones of Miss Jones Baking Co. on this episode--it was delightful!
- Sarah Jones had worked at PriceWaterhouseCooper and Apple, then on Brit + Co.
- Brit Morin of Brit + Co. was supportive as Sarah worked on her company while working as Head of Operations and Food Editor at Brit + Co.
- Sarah first came up with idea/niche (organic baking products that tasted homemade), then found a food scientist, then found a manufacturer.
- What does a food scientist do? He or she can help scale up your formula and make it shelf-stable.
- Their frostings are vegan and their baking mixes are "vegan-friendly", and according to Winter, 100% tasty!
- The company they use to source their palm oil is sustainable and is part of the Rainforest Alliance. Here's a quick guide on how the methane recapture works.
- The design of the Miss Jones Baking Co. packaging was done by Annie, creative director. They designed it from the consumers point of view--fun and tastes good, like this Confetti Pop frosting.
- Where can you find Miss Jones? Here's a store locator! Plus, they scored Target.
- If you visit Miss Jones Baking Co on the web, they help you customize your "blank canvas". Plus, you can find some sweet swag, including gift boxes, these beautiful spatulas, and these sweatshirts that Martha and Snoop Dog sported. You're part of a club!
- Sarah's favorite color is purple. She received a purple Kitchenaid Mixer from her mom, her blog was called the Purple Mixer, and her company is Purple Mixer Inc.
- We're having an Instagram contest with Miss Jones Baking Co. Head over to Hungry Squared's Instagram page.
- We help our Food Fight listener help one of her friends not be such a bad date. Try a picnic. Try pho or ramen. Yikes!
Run Time: 55 minutes
Sponsors: We have no sponsors for this episode. If you're interested in working with us, please contact us. We'd love to partner with you.